We are driving positive change for people and planet
Our environmental and social initiatives are embedded across our business to drive forward initiatives that are important to us.
Best Practice Charter for Renewable Energy Developments
We are a signatory to the Clean Energy Council’s Best Practice Charter for Renewable Energy Developments. The Charter is a set of voluntary commitments by Clean Energy Council members to engage respectfully with the communities in which they plan and operate projects, to be sensitive to environmental and cultural values and to make a positive contribution to the regions in which they operate.
Investing in the past to guide the future
As a company seeking to harness wind, solar and water resources for energy today, we reflect on the contributions made by First Nations over thousands of years. We recognise the value of a better understanding of Aboriginal history and culture, and commit to meaningful participation with First Nations groups to support the protection of country, culture, and the development of their aspirations.
Built on a foundation of trust and shared value, we seek to develop relationships with communities that create enduring and positive impact.
How we do this:
- Engage early and often, and listen to the full range of community views, including those from minority groups
- Communications about our business and activities is transparent
- Understand and value the diversity of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and non-Indigenous cultures, rights, experiences and heritage as an integral part of our shared Australian identity
- Encourage social participation in our activities through procurement, employment and training streams
- Social investments contribute to building thriving and resilient communities and economies
- Relationships and commitments are long term, integrated into whole-of-business processes and full project life-cycle
- Be guided by industry and global standards including the Clean Energy Council Best Practice Charter and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- Integrate activities into full project life-cycle and business systems to monitor, measure and report on our performance
A company that’s all about community
ACEN Australia’s Social Investment Program (SIP) is our voluntary contribution to help build and maintain thriving and resilient communities.